My friend Donna from Draw That Pig posted a fabulous DIY recipe for Hard Lotion on her Facebook page. It is such an easy wonderful recipe I knew I had to share it, so with her permission here it is!
1. Gather your ingredients: coconut oil, beeswax pellets, shea butter. Essential oil is optional.
2. Measure out your ingredients in equal amounts by weight. I used 2 oz. of each.
3. Place all ingredient in a (makeshift) double boiler on your stove top and heat gently.
4. Be patient. You want all those last bits of beeswax to be melted. They take the longest.
5. Remove from heat when completely melted. Now is the time to add your essential oil, if you are using it. I used lavender.
6. Pour into some sort of mold (muffin tin, soap mold, deep cookie mold). And let it sit on your counter to harden. Or, if you are impatient like me, place in the freezer for a while.
7. Ta-da! Hard lotion disks! These are awesome! Portable, natural, and the beeswax helps to seal all that moisturizing goodness into your skin. You can't beat it! :)
Awesome recipe right!! Please show some love to Draw That Pig on Facebook and stop by and see her fabulous Etsy shop too!