Pork chop with apples and onions served over
garlic mashed potatoes drizzled with pan reduction.
2 tablespoons packed Brown Sugar
1 teaspoon Ground Cumin
Pinch Kosher Salt
1/8 teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
1/8 teaspoon Ground Red Pepper
1 Garlic Clove, minced
4-6 (1/2-1 inch) thick boneless pork chops, trimmed
1-2 tablespoons Grape Seed Oil or EVOO
2 med Red Onions cut into wedges
1/3 cup Balsamic Vinegar
2 tablespoons Butter
4 Apples cut into wedges (Granny Smith, Gala or Fuji)
* Preheat oven to 425
* Mix first 5 ingredients in a small bowl
* Rub the minced garlic over both sides of the pork chops. Salt and pepper lightly. Heat a large skillet coated with cooking spray over medium high heat. Add pork and cook 10 minutes (turning occasionally) or until browned on both sides .
* Remove pork to a 13x9 baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle the sugar/spice mix over the chops.
* Add Oil (I use Grape Seed Oil) to the same pan and heat. Add onions and cook down.
* Remove from heat and arrange the onions around the pork and drizzle all with the Balsamic Vinegar.
* Bake for 20 minutes
*Melt butter in same skillet over med-high heat; add apples and saute about 5 minutes or slightly tender.
*Turn oven down to 350, remove the pork & onions from the oven and arrange the apples around the pork. Bake for an additional 20 minutes or until pork is done.
* Pour off pan drippings into a sauce pan, cover pork with foil and set aside. Reduce pan drippings over med-high heat to about 1/3-1/2 cup. Plate pork, onions and apples and drizzle reduction over the top.
Want to see what I cooked this awesome meal in? My new La Creuset..eeek! Aren't they gorgeous?? They were my Christmas presents. Their kind of so pretty I do not want to use them and get them dirty, but wow the difference in cooking with them compared to my old clear glass ones...huge! Aww, i'm in love...lol